Thursday, January 3, 2008

Wicket the Ewok plush doll

I found this doll in Wimberley, Texas during one of their monthly flea markets. Like most male fans, I'm not a big fan of the ewoks, but this particular one seemed special to me. It's an original from the 80's and has captured all the cute and cuddly elements. I remember seeing these in the stores way back when, thinking "some girl would really like that."

Now, years later, I have a daughter who I expected to fall in love with Princess Leia's friend, but alas, she wasn't interested. I hope this one goes to a girl (young or old) that still gets goose bumps when they glimpse the baby ewoks on the screen or hold their breath when the biker scouts send Wicket diving under the log for cover.

Goodbye little fuzzball.

2 comments:

Mike McCartney said...

Well, I had an auction going and even had one person interested in it but when my sister emailed me with "ohhh the baby ewok!!", I knew it had to stay in the family. She'll be receiving a care package on the next shuttle from Endor :-)

Unknown said...

You wouldn't happen to still have this doll, would you?